Thursday, December 6, 2012

Blessed and Thankful

This year for Thanksgiving, we went to GA to be with my family. Megan and Aaron, Courtney and her two kids, my parents, all 7 Sipeses, and 2 foreigners were present. The foreigners provided a new twist to a family holiday, but very quickly we had answers to the unasked question of "why are they coming now?" Zhenya was an exchange student 10 years ago who lived with my parents and Megan for a year. She's from Ukraine and is now married. They are in NJ for 4 months at Princeton while her husband does research for his Ph. D. Anyway, within an hour or so after arriving, he began to ask many religious/spiritual questions, which continued off and on for the next several days. Jason loved the challenges and my dad joined in whenever Jason would let him! This very educated, intellectual young man was hungry for knowledge. We're still praying he one day realizes his need for a Savior.
I feel so priviledged to have grown up under a wise, godly father and now be married to another just-as-wise and godly man! I have been blessed beyond measure! My children are blessed because of these two godly men. Proverbs 14:26 says, "He who fears the LORD has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge." Also Prov. 20:7 "The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him." I realize that so many of the blessings that have come into my life these 40 years are due to the fact that my dad, my parents feared the LORD and made godly choices. One of those blessings is that I have married a godly man who also leads our family in the same way. Thank you, God!
(This picture was taken on Father's Day--June 2012.) While the men were talking, we women spent a lot of time catching up over games, like Nertz and Apples to Apples. It was so much fun to be with my mom and two sisters again. We haven't had time all together in such a long time! I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment