Saturday, September 29, 2012

Kickin' it at the 5K

Today Jason and I ran in our 2nd 5K--for me, it was my 2nd EVER. Jason has run years ago but we are enjoying the challenge of racing together for the first time in our married life. Notice, we are NOT racing each other. :) He leaves me in the dust and I'm glad for him. We ran in the Pecan Festival 5K on Sept. 9 and he placed 3rd and I placed 4th overall! We were pumped! I got the trophy for 1st place in the female division, and Jason got 1st place in his category (30 - 44 year old males). His time was 25:21 and mine was 25:51. We were excited, especially considering we licked that killer hill! So. . .we signed up for the Banana Festival 5K in Fulton. Wow, what a turn out today and what serious runners! I don't even know where I placed among the females but it wasn't anything impressive. At least 4 or 5 were in front of me, I know. I still placed 1st in my age group (40 - 44 year old females) with a time of 25:38, but I feel frustrated with myself because I should have done better!
I got such a sharp cramp right under my right side ribs that I could barely keep running the last 1/4 mile. There was no pushing it to the finish and I got passed by 4 or 5 people on that last stretch--shouldn't have finished that way. :( Jason got 3rd in his age group (40 - 44 year old males) with a time of 24:34. I hope we'll keep running and racing when we can. I'd like to get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment