Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Proud of 'em!

Monday night's soccer game was one of those that a mom hates to miss. I had a presentation at church about our recent mission trip to the Dominican Republic, so dad went without me. Wouldn't you know it, Marlena scored a goal!! Thankfully, her first goal of the season came in the previous game and I was there to see that one. And now another goal--woohoo! They won 2 to 0, and guess who played goalie--the WHOLE game? My very own Jay!
He's never played goalie that I'm aware of, but apparently they were missing a few players and Jay volunteered. Marlena said, "He didn't let one ball get by him! At the end, he even used his body to block the ball--it was great!" And mom missed all that, except that hearing the replays by two proud, excited kids was pretty great, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment