Saturday, November 3, 2012

From 4 to 14

Today I aged. It's not MY birthday, but today I feel even older than I did when I turned 40 this year! I guess it's the fact that just 3 days ago, my baby was still 3 years old and my oldest child was still 13. Today, however, my oldest has turned 14 years old and two days ago the baby turned 4! All in the matter of 3 short days, I suddenly feel like I'm the one who has aged.
(Thankful that I ran 4 miles/walked 1 three different times this week--I'm doing my best to keep this body in shape!) In the spirit of nostalgia that seems to sit heavy on me today, I pulled out my oldest dvd of pictures, going back to 2004, right after we returned from Brazil.
I found precious pictures from Taylor's 6th birthday party--8 years ago! Jay was just a baby then and Schaeffer not even thought of. :) Where has the time gone? I love reminiscing of those days when everyone was young, innocent, and full of energy.
But wait. . .not much has changed, except that we've added another player. I really wouldn't go back to those days because I love THESE days! I love where my children are at and I enjoy being with them and watching them learn and grow.
I am very proud of who each of them are becoming, and I know we still have many more memories left to make together, if the Lord allows us the time. Happy Birthday, Taylor, and congratulations on killing 4 squirrels this morning (we won't mention too loudly that your dad shot 6! Lol! Always a competition, right, boys??)

No comments:

Post a Comment