Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Welcome to MY World!

"Do you wanna help me make bread today?"
"MEEEEE??"
"Yep, it's your turn now."
"Sure, I guess so."
That was how the conversation started this morning between me and my 9-year-old son. He's the oldest one left at home, now that the other 3 are in school. Apparently, he wasn't thrilled about the thought of making bread with mom, that is. . . until I introduced him to THE MIXER!! I do have a huge, commercial-sized mixer sitting in my kitchen floor that his sister loved to mix bread dough in all by herself. Well, today was Jay's day.
The plans quickly changed to mixing up a double batch of homemade pizza dough to be enjoyed for supper, so I began the instructions. By the time it came to adding flour, 1 cup at a time, Jay had everything quite under control, as you can see from the looks of his shirt. He might have even been playing in the flour? It's hard to say. :) So I worked on laundry, cleaned up lunch, put cookies in the oven that Jay had already laid out on a pan for me, and continued watching the progress of our dough.
As the dough neared completion, I take over and begin giving instructions on taking the cookies off the hot pan and laying them out on wax paper.
"The cookies are already done?"
"Yes. Be careful taking them off the sheet so that you don't burn yourself. Oh, and if you drop one on the floor--it's mine!"
"What?!"
"Just a motivator for you NOT to drop one." ha! ha!
"Mom, how are we doing two different things at one time?!? Pizza dough AND cookies!"
WELCOME TO MY WORLD, SON!
And now, for the best part about helping mom in the kitchen, taste testing!

No comments:

Post a Comment